Saturday, June 11, 2016

Twenty Books for Summer

As I'm going to be away from the internet for a while this coming month, I decided to join the #20booksforsummer challenge that I found through Caryl (@MrsBlogger) on Twitter, so, in no order of reading, here are my twenty books:

The Other Side by Terry Tyler - 5*
Silent Water by Jan Ruth - 5*
Bridge Back by Stephanie Parker McKean - 5*
Two Little Boys: Di Darling by LM Krier - 5*
Born For Life by Julie Watson - 5*
More Truth, Lies and Propaganda by Lucinda E Clarke - 5*
A Hilltop on the Marne by Mildred Aldrich - 5*
The Summerhouse by Marcia Willett - 5*
Ooh Matron by Sara Jane Butfield - Not finished...yet
Ahoy for Joy by Keith Reilly - 4*
Zen and the Art of Motorcycling by Robert M Pirsig - not read yet
The Zebra Affaire by Mark Fine - Read but not reviewed
A Delicate Truth by John Le Carré - Read but not reviewed
Frogs and Frigate Birds by Jo Carroll - 4*
The Lost Crown of Apollo by Suzanne Cordatos - 4*
The Illegal Gardener by Sara Alexi - not read yet
Kilimanjaro Diaries by Eva Melusine Thieme - not read yet
Sign of the Times by Susan Buchanon - not read yet
In a class of Their Own by Millie Grey - 4*
Thirteen Hours by Deon Meyer - Read but not reviewed

I'd also like to read Fat Dogs and French Estates II By Beth Haslam and French Illusions II by Linda Kovic-Stow, which I still have to buy, but I think I'd better read the ones I have first! I'm not sure how often I'll be able to give updates, but I'll try and do it on Twitter as and when I have a connection.

Keep well everyone, and there will be blog posts now and then, but I aim to just enjoy being on the water and in my parallel world for a while!


16 comments:

  1. Goodness, this will keep me happy for a day or few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val - enjoy the time away - I'm moving and may end up being off line too ... and I have packed a box of TBRs .. and I've kept seeing other books that need to go into another box of more TBRs ...

    Cheers and just enjoy - hope the weather is kind ... as it's Wimbledon here .. if it is for you - it should be for me!! Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary. I'm afraid we'll be off to a wet start, but hopefully it will improve. Enjoy Wimbledon!

      Delete
  3. Ah' well what ever turns you on Val, but do take care of your eye sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, any time away from the computer will be good for my eyesight. I have to work with it so much that it will be a relief to read a normal book!

      Delete
  4. Seriously? Twenty?? I'll be lucky to complete two while we're cruising! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can but try, Roger, and I won't be cruising for as long as you...I wish I could...but work, you know :)

      Delete
  5. The on,y one on that list I've read is Zen and the art... Am always on the lookout for good new reads so let us know how you get on with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Stephanie. I'll post an update now and then. I hope I can keep up with the blogs, but forgive me if I miss some!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your reading and time on the water Val. Take it easy, the blogs will still be here when you return! J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the list. I'm horrified that I have only read one of the books on it. I need to do more reading!!!! Have a good break, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the twenty Val. I must count how many I've read recently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these, I am definitely slipping with my reading! Looking forward to your reviews xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it's now the 27th August, and I've read 14 of the books listed above. Most of them have reviews, but a few don't. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them. John Le Carré is one of my all time favourite writers and A Delicate truth is brilliant, but he doesn't need my review and I was short of time. The same goes for Deon Meyer's Thirteen Hours. As for A Zebra Affaire, it's a good story, but I had too many issues with the writing to review it, so I didn't, but others might love it, so don't be put off. I've diverted from the list too and read a couple of other books that I haven't mentioned here, so in truth, I need to read another four to make up my 20 for the summer, but if I stick to this list, it's another 6. Not sure if I'll make it by the end of September, which I suppose is when summer is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS Terry Tyler is publishing lists of all reviews written in August by a variety of authors, so if you want some great reads, go to her blog at http://terrytyler59.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete